►FLASHBACK of PRIOR LEARNING SKILLS
►EMBED LEARNING - MATHS MASTERY
Fluency, Reasoning and Problem Solving
►IT'S BREAK TIME
►HANDWRITING and SPELLING
Using colons - tasks included.
1. Look at the front cover of Shackleton's Journey book.
How would you describe what you see?
What can you see? Zoom in on the images in the centre circle.
What do the illustrations show? What do the clues suggest?
2. Write 5 skilful, descriptive sentences to describe and explain what you observe.
3. What questions does this front cover raise in your mind?
What would you want to know?
4. Write your comments/questions around the front cover illustration.
How can you present your information attractively and informatively?
If you can, print off the front cover (a pdf version is below if you need to print off). If not, go straight to the next task.
5. How many different creative ideas can you include which match the stimulus?
►IT'S LUNCH TIME
Evolution (Adaptation) and Inheritance
We are all researchers, detectives and archaeologists.
We uncover evidence of bygone years without even realise it.
How and where might we uncover evidence from the past?
Under a Leicester car park?
If only we had gone to Aylmerton.... ooh Ms Hadland, stop it! You are giving away too many clues?
List five other ideas:
Can you make sure you have some cheap all-purpose flour, kitchen table salt and some water for Thursday afternoon?
►ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
by Mr Adair
►MINDFULNESS and WELL-BEING
read by Miss Saleem