► THURSDAY REGISTER
"What has a head and a tail...but no body?" The answer is a coin. Well done to: Albion, Mason, Abi, Daniel and Yvie for your answers.
I know many of you used the good weather to get out in the garden and create some natural art in the style of Andy Goldsworthy from yesterday's lesson. Below are the first two of 17 pictures sent to me...these are by Jakub and Mason..
► WAKE ME UP WORKOUT
Joe Wicks is taking a day off today so below are two alternative workouts to wake you up...
Here is a special workout - try it to revise some skills...The Multiples Mash-up! Click below..
► DAILY GRAMMAR BOOST
If you find your Year Group page a little challenging then take a Step or Two Back.
► ENGLISH - *fun challenge!!*
Yesterday was National Writing Day.
Today we are going to have fun with the writing challenge!!! It is called the 24/7 challenge. You have to write a short story of just 24 words in just 7 minutes!!!
All the help and videos to inspire you are on the page linked below. Start at the top of the page and work your way down. Read carefully and watch all the videos.
Now you will be ready to write. I would love to see your stories
► TOPIC - Henri Matisse
Henri Matisse, a very famous artist, moved from painting to collage. Watch the video below to learn about his life story as an artist...
Let's create artwork in the style of Matisse. Below is a link to a lesson for you to do, led by an art teacher who knows Matisse well. Watch the whole lesson and have a go yourself as the teacher shows you. Please send me pictures of your completed work.
► PE - summer sports challenge
Come on Year 5 and 6 let's lead by example and represent Thythorn
proudly. On Friday this week it is supposed to be the Leicestershire & Rutland School Games Summer Championships
but with the coronavirus it has to become a virtual event this year. You can now do this from home!
IT'S TIME TO BE INVOLVED
What you need to do:
- Go to the link below and you will see videos of a number of sports challenges divided up into sections. Choose 1 challenge from each section (so 4 challenges altogether. The videos explain how to do the challenges and how to get your score:
- BALL SPORTS - Ball and Wall Challenge or Target Challenge or Speed Dribbling Challenge or 30sec Shot Challenge
- SUMMER SPORTS - Bat and Ball Challenge or Bat, Ball and Wall Challenge or Target Bowling Challenge
- ATHLETICS - Speed Bounce Challenge or Target Challenge or Standing Long Jump Challenge
- INCLUSIVE SPORTS - Boccia Challenge or New Age Kurling Challenge
When you have completed a challenge and got a best score it is time to enter it into a form on a website to submit your score for our school.
Click on the link below and go to the bottom of the page to find a form to enter your score. You will need to complete it 4 times for your 4 scores for your 4 chosen events.
Listening to someone read a story is a great way to relax and unwind.
We are lucky that, at the moment, we have some fantastic stories being read by famous people and excellent story-tellers that are wonderful to enjoy.
Choose a story from below to listen to. Choose somewhere to relax and enjoy it.
David Walliams is reading this story this week...AWFUL AUNTIE
Welsh Myth: Yesterday I shared a Welsh myth with you. Here is another Welsh myth to listen to:
Audio Library: Fancy something different? Visit our audio library where you can listen to a *HUGE VARIETY* of books and stories! Find somewhere comfortable...click below and then choose a story to listen to.
► WHAT ELSE?
EXTRA LEARNING SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
PHOTO QUIZ -
have you tried the wonderful close-up photo quiz created by our class this week as part of Tuesday's home learning? Click below to try it...
- have you tried the digital jigsaws made by our class as part of home learning on Tuesday? Click below to try them...
- practise your spelling list: use the links on Monday to access the learning games
- are you keeping up with your regular reading and recording it in your orange reading diary?
- we need to keep these memorised - remember TTRockstars or search for 'Hit the Button'.
Today's interactive wordsearch click here
Today's interactive crossword click here
Today's interactive sudoku click here