Monday 23rd March 2020
A great idea for home learning - You could create a name for your home school and a badge or logo. What ideas will you come up with? You could write and draw them on the first page of your exercise book which is in your learning pack.
Remember to start your day with Joe Wicks PE lesson as mentioned below.
- Practise counting in steps of 2 , 5 and 10.
- Complete pages 64 and 65 in the learning pack. These are all about collecting data using a tally and creating a pictogram using collected data. (Remember our little trick of crossing the gate every time that you get to five)
- You could also go to the White Rose home learning page (see website links below) and complete the first activity. You can record your work in the provided exercise book.
- Complete the first 2 pages of the handwriting booklet , long ladder letters and curly caterpillar letters. Make sure that you use the pencil provided in your folder.
You can practise these on the letter join website too ( see website links below)
- Go to page 50 of the learning pack. Read the poem The Animal Show a couple of times and then answer the questions underneath the text.
- At the back of your learning pack there is a list of the Year 1 and Year 2 common exception words. Choose 5 Year 1 words and 5 Year 2 words to practise. (page127)
Science/Design and Technology
Pages 119 and 120
This is all about materials. Time to get exploring what things are made of in your house!
Don't forget to fit in some reading maybe using the Oxford Owl website as mentioned below.
We know how much you all like to tell jokes so here is Monday's joke. Hope you like it!
What is fast , loud and crunchy?
A rocket chip!
Have a lovely day!
See you tomorrow.