This week our spellings have the f sound made by ph. It can be tricky to spell ph words.
Make sure you practise these spellings every day ready for the test on Friday.
Revising the rules for plurals
Yesterday we reminded ourselves the rules for writing plurals when a word ends in sh or ch.
Can you remember what we do if a word ends in y ?
We change the y to i and then add es .
For example - lorry → lorries
but if the there is a vowel before the y we just add s
For example - boy → boys
Change these words into plurals
Answer the questions about the story.
You might want to discuss your ideas with an adult
1. What is the title of the story?
2. Where is the story set ?
3. What type of animals is the story about ?
4. How did the little bird hurt its foot?
5. Which bird did not try to help him?
6. What did the parrot do to help?
7. How did the other birds get different colours?
8. Do you think that the crow wished that he helped the little bird by the end of the story?