1. Reading Comprehension
We are going to start with a reading comprehension task and then go onto some spelling and phonics work.
Click on the reading comprehension task below , you can answer the questions in your exercise book. The answers are on the last sheet so when you have finished ask an adult to check your answers.
2. Year 2 spellings
Here are all the words for our test on Friday.
Make sure that you practise them everyday.
You could choose a few each day to practise.
after again any climb clothes half sugar water
Last week we reminded ourselves of silent g words , with the 'gn' sound.
Today we are recapping on the silent k , with the 'kn' sound.
Watch the short videos below , the first one covers different letters and the other two just look at 'kn'.
Then have a go at the kn task.
Missing words. Copy the sentences and choose the correct kn word so that the sentence makes sense.
knee knot know knitted knock knuckles knead
1. There was a loud ___________at the door.
2. I tied a __________in the string.
3. He fell over and hurt his _________.
4. I used some red wool and _________ a scarf.
5. Do you ________ how to add numbers?
6. Your ___________ are on your fingers.
7. She had to _________ the dough to make some bread.